How to use alarms in windows 10 is quick and easy with this simple guide.
When it comes to alarms and clocks on computers in windows 10, most people find it difficult navigating windows to set or remove set alarms. Old-fashioned alarm clocks or clock radios or portable alarm clocks are rare now in the technological era. They are not appealing to most people nowadays hence people prefer setting alarms on their phones or personal computers.
When you want to wake up at any given time, you can always use a smartphone. Any device with windows 10 software can do the job as well. Some situations require you to set reminders and schedule alarms in windows 10. For example, when you cannot use your phone.
Why Do People Avoid The Windows 10 Alarm Clock App?
Windows 10 has an inbuilt alarm clock system or app that is easy to locate on your computer and use. Most people lack knowledge of the location of the app and how to set or remove set alarms. They think the feature does not exist in windows 10.
Locating the in-built alarm clock system of windows 10 will help you set quick sleep reminders and schedules for your convenience of waking up at a good time for your planned activities. Regular alarm apps might be easy to use unlike windows 10 alarm apps. This is especially for new users due to their non-intuitive interface. However, the interface is easy to use.
Why Use Windows 10 Alarm System?
People are reluctant to use the inbuilt alarm system on windows 10. Using the app has several advantages for computer users.
• The windows 10 inbuilt alarm clock system boosts productivity since the alarms are very convenient for someone who spends much of their time on their computers.
• It is quick and convenient for sleep scheduling and setting reminders.
• It boasts time management skills when your skills are a working progress.
• It helps boost general management skills.
• It boasts planning skills.
The article highlights ways to use the windows 10 alarm clock system and the steps to set and remove set alarms. Windows updates its application features. Having an older version might not give you access to all alarm clock features. You should update windows 10 to the latest version.
Setting Alarms On Windows 10
You can set an alarm on Windows 10 with Cortana search software. The steps include:
1. Accessing alarms and clock app
The software has the Alarms and Clock app with an Alarm feature. There are different ways one can open the app.
• Find the app from the alphabetically sorted Start Menu list of apps. The alarms and Clock app is listed under A which is easy to access. To access the Start Menu, you can either click on the start button or press Windows Key on the keyboard. This should make the app visible on the Start Menu. Select the Alarms and Clock app feature to open it.
• Typing the word Alarm in the taskbar search field is an easy way to find the Alarms and Clock app. Click on the relevant results presented.
• It is convenient to either pin to the taskbar or pin to start the Alarms and Clock application. These options are visible to the right of the screen and fly out after the app opens.
• Creating a tile for the app on your Start menu for ease of access is an option too. The tile also helps keep an eye on schedules by showing upcoming active alarms and details.
• Accessing the app is also convenient by the use of Microsoft’s virtual assistant Cortana. On her listening mode, say the word “alarm” to help launch the app.
2. Accessing the Alarm feature on the Alarms and Clock app.
After you open the app, four tabs are visible. Select Alarm and click on it.
3. Adding a new alarm(s)
On the alarm tab, select add new alarm sign. (+). You can then set the time. Scroll and select the time of choice when the alarm should be triggered.
Selecting the time leads to a display of the duration remaining until it sets off.
4. Naming the alarm
Naming your alarm is essential and convenient. With multiple alarms that you schedule, it avoids confusion and saves time.
Click on the Alarm name field to allow you to type in a suitable title.
5. Assigning the frequency of Alarm occurrence
It is important to decide and assign your alarm the number of times it should occur in the Repeats section. On the option, the default occurrence frequency is “only once”. Clicking on the repeat section reveals more options and selects a suitable one for you.
• Selecting days of the week of alarm occurrence. The next step is selecting the weekdays when the alarm is needed. This helps avoid setting an alarm daily instead, the alarm is set on a weekly frequency. Click on select weekdays to set the days you need the alarm.
6. Selecting alarm sound
The sound of your alarm will determine if the sound wakes you up or soothes you back to sleep. To help you select the sound of preference, you can click on the play option to listen to the tune before setting it as your default alarm sound.
7. Selecting snooze intervals
Selecting a snooze time interval helps those who struggle with waking up or forget a reminder even after the alarm sets off. Select the snooze time on the options where you can select your snooze time frame. You can also disable the snooze time option.
8. Save to create an alarm.
After making all the changes, you have to click on the save button to save the changes and create your new alarm. It then shows the days remaining before the alarm is triggered.
Your alarm is in the Alarms tab of the Alarms and Clock app display. You can then close the app when done.
Turning Alarms On Or Off
When you want to turn your alarms off for whatever reason, the steps are easy. On your Alarms tab, the scheduled alarms will be listed with an on and off switch to their right. Clicking on the switch will either turn it off or on.
Editing Your Alarms
Changing your preferences is also possible and takes a few steps. By clicking on the displayed alarms on the Alarms tab, you can edit the time, snoozing time, sound, repeat frequency, and days of occurrence.
When Windows 10 Alarms Go Off
When Windows 10 alarm goes off, it triggers its alert system by playing the sound of preference you set to it and displaying a banner. You can either choose to dismiss or snooze.
Clicking dismisses stops the alarm alert. If the alarm sets off, you can choose to postpone the alarm by clicking on snooze. On the dropdown option, you can change the time you want to postpone the alarm.
During this time, the volume of all the other sounds on your computer or device gets lower so that you can get to hear the alarm sound and don’t miss your alarm.
Removing Alarms On Windows 10
Dismissing an alarm only stops the alert but does not remove the alarm. The alarm is saved for the next occurrence set on it. Removing alarms is uncomplicated.
Clicking on any alarm on the Alarm tab, whether the alarm is active or not, will display the Edit alarm window. You can delete the alarm in two ways:
• Below Edit, the alarm window clicks on the Delete button option.
• Pressing the Delete key on the keyboard deletes the alarm.